Beautiful Vieques PR

Beautiful Vieques PR

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

What a fantastic date! All those 'ones' seem to really emphasize that it's a new day....a real first! Sounds like a good time for a new beginning to me.

No, I'm not big on making New Year's resolutions. I've never found that to be a successful tactic for me. Many years ago I often resolved to quit smoking on January 1st. Yeah, that never worked. However, when I decided to set a goal and quit smoking on the last teaching day of the school year, I did it! That was June 15th 1988. Twenty-two years later I'm still a non-smoker.

So, what's the moral of the story? Well, for me it's that I will be better served by setting goals for myself. This time I am setting the goals on the first day of a new year, but in my mind they are NOT New Year's resolutions. No, this time I am making a plan to do better.

My first goal: To write something every single week and not get so caught up in the minutiae of every day life that I don't "get around to it." I'd like to add to my blog more often so I will do that as well as attempting at least one good poem per week.

My second goal: To begin editing my novel, Out of the Storm. I took the first step this morning by ordering a couple of books that may aid me in the completion of this task.

My third goal: To not let these first two goals or anything else ever get in the way of spending time with the most important people in my life. My husband and my three sons will always be a top priority while I continue to take care of my own needs.

My fourth goal: To know that I can add any new goals if I find there is an area in which it would help me to grow and be a better me.

Finally, I want to be in the present. I want to continue to try to cherish every moment of every day that is given to me.

What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment