Beautiful Vieques PR

Beautiful Vieques PR

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Memories

This week's prompt for Carry on Tuesday #88: "and that is how I remember them....."
I decided to give this one a try with a Pantoum.


...And that is how I remember them..
Little blonde haired playful boys
Pulling on their Mommy's hem,
Visions of clutter and lots of toys.

Little blonde haired playful boys,
Rippling laughter, streams of tears,
Visions of clutter and lots of toys,
So much excitement through the years..

Rippling laughter, streams of tears,
Time went by... boys became men
So much excitement through the years...
But I close my eyes, they're boys again.

Time went by... boys became men.
They found good women and married them.
But I close my eyes, they're boys again.
...and that is how I remember them.

G. K. Bostic
Jan. 2011

3 comments:

  1. So absolutely wonderful! You make me remember my own. Thanks so much for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of a pantoum befoore! I learn something every day from blogging! Thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, Happy Monday! Blessings…

    Friendship Awards, Enjoy!
    Thanks for the support, You Rock!
    xxx

    Glad to visit you today, beautiful poetry, signed in follow, welcome join us at potluck week 19, first time participants can link in 1 to 3 old poems or poems unrelated to our theme.

    ReplyDelete